Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009

"...We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner of later, we push up flowers."

"All day long, Manny, I sort through pure sadness. I find evidence, and I piece together stories. But none of my stories end well - they all end here. And the moral of every story is the same: we may have years, we may have hours, but sooner of later, we push up flowers."

Yeah, yeah. I know I've been going a little heavy on the video game quotes recently but goddammit, people just don't give them enough credit! Besides, I've been meaning to put a quote from this particular game for a while. The game in question is Tim Schafer's brilliant film noir masterpiece, Grim Fandango. In this scene, Membrillo is describing his job as a coroner to the main character, Mannuel Calavera.

No comments:

Post a Comment